The new Adobe Generative AI is fantastic, but so far it only generates its own images, by adding parts to your existing photos and not using your own photos composition.
With a bit of tweaking of how the Generative AI works I have created an action script that you can download FREE of charge from my website to apply an oil painting effect to your own image, keeping the subjects, composition and colours intact. Works great on anything, portraits, landscapes, try it on your own images.
- Make sure you have Photoshop Beta installed or the latest version of photoshop that includes generative AI
- Download from the link below a zip file containing my action, unzip this to your desktop
- Open Photoshop Beta and create a new image or load a photo
- Make sure the actions panel is open by going to Window – Actions
- In the top corner of the actions panel click the 4 lines and select Load actions
- Select the AI Painting Effect.atn that you should have unzipped to your desktop
- Open a photo and select the above action in the action panel and click play
- Give Generative AI a few seconds and your photo should now be in a painting style
- If you don’t like the look, press F12 to undo the effect and run the action again
- Everytime you run the action you will get a different style and look
I hope you find this action useful, please tag me on social media @stephendaviesphotos if you would like to show me what you have created